Electronic Music Production course (pl note while applying for this Specilisation, you have to chooes Sound recording and Audio Enginnering course in the online application form)
?Thanks for enquiring about the Sound Recording and Audio Engineering Course at CRAFT FILM SCHOOL. Kindly note that we are accepting applications for the new session starting from 15th March 2021 at B-11, IMM Building Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi -110016.
1. No of Seats: 10 seats to be filled on an interview basis for Indian students. We have 2 Seats for International Students.
2. Selection Criteria: The selection of the applicants is done on an interview basis. The interview date is 22nd Jan 2021. Results are declared within 10 days. Selected candidates will submit the full fee or half fees within 15 days from the date of declaration of the result. The students in the waiting list will be declared on 5th March 2021, if required.
Due to the Covid-19 lockdown, if a student is not able to come personally for the interview, we will conduct a telephonic interview via Whatsapp/Skype.
3 How to Apply: You need to apply online from the website given below-
An amount of Rs .1,000/- is to be paid by Debit Card/Credit Card / ATM Card / Net banking transfer as application fee. If you are coming personally to CRAFT, you can also pay in cash.
4.Last Date to Apply :We are accepting applications for the interviews to be held on 22nd Jan 2021. The last date to apply is 20th Jan 2021
Another round of Interviews to be held on 16th Feb 2021.For which the last date to apply will be 14th feb 2021.
We have allocated 10 Points for overall performance. Sincerity score: 2 points | Academic Record: 2 points | Portfolio: 2 points | Interview Performance: 4 points. Candidate needs to score a minimum of 7 points to qualify for admission in CRAFT. Hence if you are making an inquiry today, you need to apply within 4 Days to gain Sincerity score of 2 points- which will qualify you as “Sincere Candidate”.
5.We have allocated 10 Points for overall performance. Sincerity score: 2 points | Academic Record: 2 points | Portfolio: 2 points | Interview Performance: 4 points. Candidate needs to score a minimum of 7 points to qualify for admission in CRAFT. Hence if you are making an inquiry today, you need to apply within 4 Days to gain Sincerity score of 2 points- which will qualify you as “Sincere Candidate”.
6. How to Prepare for the Interview: The intention of the interview board is to see whether the student is really passionate about the field of study, he/she has applied for.
7. Hostel Facilities: We don’t have a hostel, but our student’s coordinator help in finding economical accommodation at a walking distance from the institute. It saves travelling time and cost- an average of Rs 2500/-per month !
Generally, rooms cost between Rs. 5000/- and 6000/- per month which, on sharing basis, costs around Rs. 3,000/- per month. A food joint is nearby CRAFT where most of the students have their lunch and dinner.
We help in finding PG accommodation for the girl candidates. It costs around Rs. 5000/- per month. Food is separate and Tiffin service is available.
8. Course Fee: The total fee in lump sum mode is Rs.95,000/- In installments, it becomes Rs. 1,00,000/.
The first installment is 50% of the total fee at the time of submitting the admission form.
1) 25% as 2nd installment, to be paid on 15th April 2021.
2) Balance 25% as 3rd installment, to be paid on 15th May 2021.
Students who opt for the Installment method needs to deposit the Post Dated Cheque ( PDC ) of the above dates at the time of joining.
9. Class Timings. Our motto is to ‘Learn by Doing’. Classes take place in one shift from 10:30 am to 1:00 pm with a 30 minutes tea break. We have a sound studio in which we conduct daily practical work of 3 hours from 2.00 to 5.00 pm which are directions students post production on short films by 2nd semester's student .Fresh students learn by assisting them in their 1st semester.
10. Course Duration: Sound Recording and Audio Engineering is one year program. First semester of 6-month is class room training along with practicals in Studio. In 2nd semester of 6-months, students record the location sound and Studio effects for the Direction students projects like, Dialogue exercise, Public Service Ad film, Fiction Film project. ‘Electronic Music Producing’ is part of "Sound Recording and Audio Engineering" as a specialization in the 2nd Semester.
During the first semester students are taught dubbing, mixing location, sound recording & how to record various sound effects, track laying etc. We have professional sound recording studio where Main software are taught like - Pro Tools , Cubase, Nuendo.
The list of equipment is given in the attachment.
11. CRAFT’s Legal Status & Affiliation: CRAFT is registered as a nonprofit-making public charitable trust with Sub-Registrar in the Delhi government. We offer autonomous Diploma courses. Proudly established in the year 2006 (March 6) - 2020 is our 14th year of operation.
12. Workshop by Bombay based Sound Designers in CRAFT:
SUBASH SAHOO:NATIONAL AWARDED AND FILM FARE AWARD WINNER SOUND DESIGNER WORKSHOP PROMO.
BAYLON FONSECA:FILM FARE AWARD WINNER SOUND DESIGNER
BISHWADEEP CHATTERJEE : FILM FARE AWARD WINNER SOUND DESIGNER
NAMITA NAIYAK: FILM FARE AWARD WINNER SOUND DESIGNER
13. Bank Loan Provision: We do not have tie-ups with any bank, but if you apply for a Student loan, we can issue a letter required from our end.
14. Management Quota Seats: There are 4 management quota seats available in ‘Cinematography’ course in which students can seek direct admission without an interview. One has to pay an additional Rs. 20,000/- (for blocking the seat) besides the regular fee.
15. Placement Support: Students having 85% attendance in the 1st semester of 6 months will get internship support after completion of their 1-year course with any post production house or freelance Sound Recordist.
Apply Now !
In meticulously compiled a list recognizing who are the "Top 4 Delhi Film Schools". CRAFT Film School for being featured as #1 on their list!
click here to read more about it
The Electronic Music Production course at CRAFT FILM SCHOOL is a rounded music course which covers many aspects of modern music production.
Technical aspects such as voice and instrument recording, audio and midi editing on a digital audio workstation and a look into mixing using onboard plug-ins.
The course is designed to help the student start with an idea and develop that idea into a
• The modern workstation Assembly and signal flow of the digital audio workstation.
• A continuous look
• Analysis of songs – forms and construction of a composition.
• Time signatures, Quantization for drums and various
• String section analysis
• Range of instruments
• Methods of composition using those instruments on the computer.
• In-depth study of Audio Recording using microphone& editing it using different techniques.
• Bringing the production to life, using different mixing related plug-ins and equalizers
Why This Course?
Students will have access to professional DAW session files of leading music producers and will be guided as to how these were created and why they work. To top it off, students will also be receiving over 8 GB of royalty-free samples and loops that they can use in their own compositions.
With this course, we aim to provide one of the best electronic music production courses in Delhi and possibly India! Welcome to the school of Electronic Music Production.
After completing this course students will have a firm understanding of :
PLACEMENT support: We believe in rigorous and meticulous training that would instill confidence among the students so that finding a suitable placement in the industry will not be a major issue for any graduate of our institute. However, our responsibility doesn't finish after giving them the best possible training. It is equally important
Access to placement services such as career counseling, resume help, mock interviews, and recruiter access is provided to all the students once they are done with 80% of the course.
Since its inception, we have a record of supporting its sincere students in finding the internship/
There are two categories of students: 1. Who is keen on working in reputed company | who would like to make an independent filmmaking career
Besides the above, placement officer also keep a track of various openings about jobs providing sites and another job forum on the net. He posts such vacancies in
Our ex-students who are well placed in the industry are explored to have networking for current students. Students of
For such students, Personal efforts are made by the teaching faculty /guest faculty to connect our current passing out students to seek an easy appointment in Bombay and other regional film industry in Calcutta/