Electronic Music Production course in Delhi NCR (pl note while applying for this Specilisation, you have to choose Sound recording and Audio Enginnering course in the online application form)
We are accepting applications for the next academic session starting from February 2024 at B-11, IMM Building, Qutab institutional area, New Delhi-110016.
1. No of Seats: 10 seats to be filled on an interview basis for Indian students. We have 2 seats for International students and 2 seats for management quota for music production and sound engineering course .
2. Eligibility Criteria: Minimum qualification is 10+2 -for a "Diploma" certificate. Graduation in any discipline is required for a "PG Diploma” certificate. Students who are appearing for their 12th/final year exam of graduation can also apply. Course content and classroom remain the same for the main course. However, the difference will be in terms of additional classes on soft skills, which will be offered to the 10+2 pass-out students. If you are 10+2, you will get a ‘Diploma inElectronic Music Production Course" and if you are a Graduate, you will get a ‘PG Diploma in Electronic Music Production Course. We donott offer sound engineering degree, but our Diploma certificate in sound engineering is considred as valid and our students are working at top place sin India.
3. Selection Criteria for Course: Selection is done on the basis of an interview, which will happen on campus only. Results are declared within 7 days after the interview. Selected candidates have to submit the seat confirmation fee within 10 days from the date of declaration of the result. The students on the waiting list will be declared in the last week before the session starts.
4. How to Apply: In order to study photography in CRAFT,You need to apply online from the website given below-
The amount of Rs .1,000/- as an application fee has to be paid by Debit Card/Credit Card / UPI / Net banking. If you are coming personally to CRAFT, you can also pay in cash.
5. Last Date to Apply for Course :
We are accepting applications for the interviews to be conducted- on 11th Feb Sunday 2024
We have allocated 10 Points for overall performance. Sincerity score: 2 points | Academic Record: 2 points | Portfolio: 2 points | Interview Performance: 4 points. The candidate needs to score a minimum of 6 points to qualify for admission in CRAFT. Hence if you are making an inquiry today, you need to apply within 3 Days to gain a Sincerity score of 2 points- which will qualify you as a “Sincere Candidate”.
6. How to prepare for an interview: The main intention of the interview board is to see whether the student is really passionate about the field of study he/she has applied for.
7. Hostel Facilities: We don’t have a hostel, but our student coordinators will help in finding economical accommodation within walking distance from the institute. It saves traveling time and cost- an average of Rs 2500/-per month!
Generally, rooms cost between Rs. 6000/- to 7000/- per month which, on a sharing basis, costs around Rs. 3,000/- Rs 3500/-per month. A food joint is a nearby CRAFT where most of the students have their lunch and dinner.
PG accommodation for female candidates in safe areas costs around Rs. 10,000/- per month including feed.
8.Course Fee: The total fee in lump sum mode is Rs.95,000/- In installments, it becomes Rs.1,00,000/.
Students who opt for the Installment method need to deposit the Post-dated cheque ( PDC ) of the below dates at the time of joining.
1) 50% of the total fee 30 days before the academic session starts.
2) 25% as 2nd installment to be paid after 1 month of starting the Academic session.
3) 25% as 3rd installment to be paid after 2 months of starting the Academic session.
9. Class Timings. Our motto is to ‘Learn by Doing’. Classes take place in one shift from 10:30 am to 1:00 pm with a 30 minutes tea break. We have a sound studio in which we conduct daily practical work of 3 hours from 2.00 to 5.00 pm which are directed by students post-production on short films by 2nd semester's students. Fresh students learn by assisting them in their 1st semester.
10. Course Duration: Music production and sound engineering is a one year program. The first semester of 6-month is classroom training along with practicals in Studio.Students would learn to make electronic music. In the 2nd semester of 6-months, students record the location sound and Studio effects for the Direction student's projects like Dialogue exercise, Public Service Ad film, and Fiction Film project. ‘Electronic Music Producing’ is part of "Sound Recording and Audio Engineering" as a specialization in the 2nd Semester.
During the first semester, students are taught dubbing, mixing location, sound recording & how to record various sound effects, track laying, etc. We have a professional sound recording studio where Main software is taught like - Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo
The major difference Between "Music engineering course " & " sound engineering and music production courses " is the 2nd semester where you will be focusing on your specific projects related to electronic music productions.Semester -1 is common for both the courses.Hence to learn music production, your technical Skills to record music is impoartnt.
11. Workshop by Bombay based Sound Designers in CRAFT:
Subash sahoo: National Award and film fare award winner sound designer workshop promo.
Baylon Fonseca: FilmFare Award Winner ,Sound Designer & Workshop Promo.
Bishwadeep Chatterjee: FilmFare Award Winner ,Sound Designer & Workshop Promo.
Namita Naiyak: FilmFare Award Winner ,Sound Designer
12. CRAFT’s Legal Status & Affiliation: CRAFT is registered as a nonprofit-making public charitable trust with Sub-Registrar in the Delhi government. We offer autonomous Diploma courses. Proudly established in the year 2006 (March 6) - 2020 is our 14th year of operation.
13. Bank Loan Provision: We do not have tie-ups with any banks, but if you apply for a Student loan. We can issue a letter required from our end.
14. Placement Support: Students having 85% attendance in the 1st semester of 6 months will get internship support after completion of their 1-year course with any post-production house or freelance Sound Recordist.
15: Management Quota Seats:-There are 3 management quota seats available in each course in which one can seek direct admission without an interview. One has to pay an additional Rs 20,000/-(Rupees twenty thousand) for blocking the seat besides the regular fee.
In meticulously compiled a list recognizing who are the "Top 4 Delhi Film Schools". CRAFT Film School for being featured as #1 on their list!
click here to read more about it
The Electronic Music Production course at CRAFT FILM SCHOOL is a rounded music course which covers many aspects of modern music production.
Technical aspects such as voice and instrument recording, audio and midi editing on a digital audio workstation and a look into mixing using onboard plug-ins.
The course is designed to help the student start with an idea and develop that idea into a
• The modern workstation Assembly and signal flow of the digital audio workstation.
• A continuous look
• Analysis of songs – forms and construction of a composition.
• Time signatures, Quantization for drums and various
• String section analysis
• Range of instruments
• Methods of composition using those instruments on the computer.
• In-depth study of Audio Recording using microphone& editing it using different techniques.
• Bringing the production to life, using different mixing related plug-ins and equalizers
Why This Course?
Students will have access to professional DAW session files of leading music producers and will be guided as to how these were created and why they work. To top it off, students will also be receiving over 8 GB of royalty-free samples and loops that they can use in their own compositions.
With this course, we aim to provide one of the best electronic music production courses in Delhi and possibly India! Welcome to the school of Electronic Music Production. Music mixing and mastering course is part of the main Course
After completing this course students will have a firm understanding of :
PLACEMENT support: We believe in rigorous and meticulous training that would instill confidence among the students so that finding a suitable placement in the industry will not be a major issue for any graduate of our institute. However, our responsibility doesn't finish after giving them the best possible training. It is equally important
Access to placement services such as career counseling, resume help, mock interviews, and recruiter access is provided to all the students once they are done with 80% of the course.
Since its inception, we have a record of supporting its sincere students in finding the internship/
There are two categories of students: 1. Who is keen on working in reputed company | who would like to make an independent filmmaking career
Besides the above, placement officer also keep a track of various openings about jobs providing sites and another job forum on the net. He posts such vacancies in
Our ex-students who are well placed in the industry are explored to have networking for current students. Students of
For such students, Personal efforts are made by the teaching faculty /guest faculty to connect our current passing out students to seek an easy appointment in Bombay and other regional film industry in Calcutta/