We are accepting applications for the next academic session starting on 30th August 2021 at B-11, IMM BUILDING. QUTAB INSTITUTIONAL AREA NEW DELHI-110016.
1. No of Seats: 10 seats to be filled on an interview basis for Indian students. We have 2 Seats for International Students & 2 Seats for Management representation Students.
2. Eligibility Criteria: Minimum qualification is 10+2 -for a "Diploma" certificate. Graduation in any discipline is required for a "PG Diploma” certificate. No minimum percentage is required to apply. Students who are appearing for their 12th/final year exam of graduation can also apply. Course content and classroom remain the same for the main course. However, the difference will be in terms of additional classes on soft skills, which will be offered to the 10+2 pass-out students. If you are 10+2, you will get a ‘Diploma in English Journalism Course’ and if you are a Graduate, you will get ‘PG Diploma English Journalism Course’.
3. Selection Criteria: The selection of the applicants is done on an interview basis. Results are declared within 10 days. Selected candidates will submit the full fee or half fees within 15 days from the date of declaration of the result. The students on the waiting list will be declared on 16th August 2021 if required.
Due to the Covid-19 lockdown, if a student is not able to come personally, for the interview, we will conduct a telephonic interview via WhatsApp/Skype.
4. How to Apply: You need to apply online from the website given below-
An amount of Rs .1, 000/- is to be paid by Debit Card/Credit Card / ATM Card / Net banking transfer as application fee. If you are coming personally to CRAFT, you can also pay in cash.
5. Last Date to Apply:
We are accepting applications for the interviews to be held on 24th May 2021. The last date to apply is 15th May 2021.
We have allocated 10 Points for overall performance. Sincerity score: 2 points | Academic Record: 2 points | Portfolio: 2 points | Interview Performance: 4 points. The candidate needs to score a minimum of 7 points to qualify for admission in CRAFT. Hence if you are making an inquiry today, you need to apply within 3 Days to gain a Sincerity score of 2 points- which will qualify you as a “Sincere Candidate”.
How to prepare for an interview: The main intention of the interview board is to see whether the student is really passionate about the field of study he/she has applied for.
6. How to prepare for interview: The main intention of the interview board is to see whether the student is really passionate about the field of study he/she has applied for. For more details pl refer the attachment on how to prepare for interview
7. Hostel facilities: We don’t have a hostel, but we help u to find economical accommodation near the institute. Generally room cost between Rs. 4000-4500/- per month which on sharing basis will cost around Rs. 2,000/- 2500 per month. There is food joint near CRAFT where most of the students have their lunch and dinner. For girl candidates we help in finding P.G accommodation which cost around Rs 3500/-per month. Food is separate and there is Tiffin arrangement available.
8. Class timing: “LEARN BY DOING “is the main philosophy of the Center.
Classes take place 5-days in a week from 10:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. with 30 minutes tea break. You will also get the hands on " Practical Experinece " of working with 3-inhouse Magazines and another Magazine" Bollywood and Beyond" to be launched soon.( click here to read RNI approval letter )
9. Course Fee: The total fee in lump sum mode is Rs.1, 25, 000/. In installment method it becomes
Rs.1, 30,000/. The first installment is 50% of the total fee at the time of submitting the admission form.
1) 25% as the 2nd installment has to be paid after one month from the date of commencement of the session.
2) Balance 25% as the 3rd installment has to be paid in the 2nd month from the commencement of the session.
10. Course Duration: English Journalism is a one year program.
First semester of 6-month is class room training along with practical projects and 2nd semester of 6- months, 3-months for the field projects and 1-3-months is the Guaranteed internship in news Television station based in Delhi.
11. CRAFT’s Legal Status and Its Affiliation: CRAFT is registered as nonprofit making public charitable trust with sub-Registrar in Delhi Govt. and offer autonomous Diploma courses. CRAFT was established on 6th March 2006 and it is our 11th year of operation.
12. AICTE APPROVAL?
Degree / Diploma / Certificate / AICTE approved, affiliated etc.
In this country no university offers the “bachelor or master degree in TV Journalism, News Reading and Anchoring / or any other specialization media courses like direction, event mgmt, editing…..etc”.
Nor do the AICTE give any accreditation for any such specialized media courses. In fact AICTE do not even understand the media courses and hence no P.G college / institute offer the degree program. All private / non-government institutions (like CRAFT) offer one year diploma programs. If you honestly ask, in the media industry nobody is concerned about your degree/ diploma/certificate. What they are looking at is your capability as event management/ Director/cinematographer/ editor, your overall smart personality, good communication skills and understanding of your profession you have chosen.
13. Bank Loan Provision:
We do not have any tie up with the any bank but if you can get the loan, we can issue any letter required from our end.
14. Management quota seats :-There are 2- management quota seats available in each course in which one can seek direct admission without interview. One has to pay additional Rs 20,000/-(rupees twenty thousand for blocking the seat) besides regular fee.
In meticulously compiled a list recognizing who are the "Top 4 Delhi Film Schools". CRAFT Film School for being featured as #1 on their list!
click here to read more about it
We Follow the same Syallbus as Offer by IIMC -JNU with same Guest faculty that will be coming to take classes in IIMC
Our students get hands on practical training with 3 -in-house Magazine :
* Cinematography Art: quarterly Magazine running for last 4-years.
* Fashion Wings - Bimonthly Magazine recently announced.
* Bollywood and Beyond , Bimonthly Magazine recently announced
Besides the regular lectures of 2 hours , every day students get the "Practical Training" of 3-hours to work on our in-house Magazines.
Various guest faculty comes from English News papers ,who are expert in different domains , like Hindustan Times, Indian Express, Times of India and other Important Magazines to train our students for various specialized field of Journalism. This gives the students to network with professionals who would help our students to seek internship which later gets converted into placement
Once your training is complete after 6-months we also have our own network so that all the students having 85% attendance gets internship in news paper or magazines to learn the requirements of the Fields