The next Academic session will start on 15th March 2021 for which we are accepting applications.
1. No of seats: We have 20 seats to be filled on interview basis for Indian students.
2. Eligibility Criteria: Graduation in any Discipline. There is no minimum percentage required to apply. Students who are appearing in their Final Year Exam of Graduation can also apply.
3. Selection criteria: We are accepting applications for the interviews to be held on 1st Dec 2020. The last date to apply is 25th Nov 2020. Another round of Interviews to be held on 15th Dec 2020.
For which the last date to apply will be 10th Dec 2020.
4. How to apply: The application form is available on our website www.craftfilmschool.com ( or old website www.craftfilmschool.com) for applying on line and downloading. If you are applying online you need to pay Rs 1,000/- by Debit Card . If you are coming personally to CRAFT you can also pay cash.
5.Last Date to Apply:
We are accepting applications for the interviews to be held on 1st Dec 2020.We have allocated 10 Points for overall performance. Sincerity score: 2 points | Academic Record: 2 points | Portfolio: 2 points | Interview Performance: 4 points. Candidate needs to score a minimum of 7 points to qualify for admission in CRAFT. Hence if you are making an inquiry today, you need to apply within 4 Days to gain Sincerity score of 2 points- which will qualify you as “Sincere Candidate”.
6. How to prepare for interview: The main intention of the interview board is to see whether the student is really passionate about the field of study he/she has applied for. For more details pl refer the attachment on how to prepare for interview
7. Hostel facilities: We don’t have a hostel, but we help u to find economical accommodation near the institute. Generally room cost between Rs. 4000-4500/- per month which on sharing basis will cost around Rs. 2,000/- 2500 per month. There is food joint near CRAFT where most of the students have their lunch and dinner. For girl candidates we help in finding P.G accommodation which cost around Rs 3500/-per month. Food is separate and there is Tiffin arrangement available.
8. Class timing: “LEARN BY DOING “is the main philosophy of the Center.
Classes take place 5-days in a week from 10:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. with 30 minutes tea break.You will also get the
9. Course Fee: The total fee in lump sum mode is Rs.1,25, 000/. In installment method it becomes
Rs.1,30,000/. The first installment is 50% of the total fee at the time of submitting the admission form.
1) 25% as the 2nd installment has to be paid after one month from the date of commencement of the session.
2) Balance 25% as the 3rd installment has to be paid in the 2nd month from the commencement of the session.
10. Course Duration: English Journalism is a one year program.
First semester of 6-month is class room training along with practical projects and 2nd semester of 6- months, 3-months for the field projects and 1-3-months is the Guaranteed internship in news Television station based in Delhi.
11. CRAFT’s Legal Status and Its Affiliation: CRAFT is registered as nonprofit making public charitable trust with sub-Registrar in Delhi Govt. and offer autonomous Diploma courses. CRAFT was established on 6th March 2006 and it is our 11th year of operation.
12. AICTE APPROVAL?
Degree / Diploma / Certificate / AICTE approved, affiliated etc.
In this country no university offers the “bachelor or master degree in TV Journalism ,News Reading and Anchoring / or any other specialization media courses like direction, event mgmt, editing…..etc”.
Nor do the AICTE give any accreditation for any such specialized media courses. In fact AICTE do not even understand the media courses and hence no P.G college / institute offer the degree program. All private / non government institutions (like CRAFT) offer one year diploma programs. If you honestly ask, in the media industry nobody is concerned about your degree/ diploma/certificate. What they are looking at is your capability as event management/ Director/cinematographer/ editor, your overall smart personality, good communication skills and understanding of your profession you have chosen.
13. Bank Loan Provision:
We do not have any tie up with the any bank but if you can get the loan, we can issue any letter required from our end.
14. Management quota seats :-There are 4- management quota seats available in each course in which one can seek direct admission without interview. One has to pay additional Rs 20,000/-(rupees twenty thousand for blocking the seat) besides regular fee.
In meticulously compiled a list recognizing who are the "Top 4 Delhi Film Schools". CRAFT Film School for being featured as #1 on their list!
click here to read more about it
We Follow the same Syallbus as Offer by IIMC -JNU with same Guest faculty that will be coming to take classes in IIMC
Our students get hands on practical training with 3 -in-house Magazine :
* Cinematography Art: quarterly Magazine running for last 4-years.
* Fashion Wings - Bimonthly Magazine recently announced.
* Bollywood and Beyond , Bimonthly Magazine recently announced
Besides the regular lectures of 2 hours , every day students get the "Practical Training" of 3-hours to work on our in-house Magazines.
Various guest faculty comes from English News papers ,who are expert in different domains , like Hindustan Times, Indian Express, Times of India and other Important Magazines to train our students for various specialized field of Journalism. This gives the students to network with professionals who would help our students to seek internship which later gets converted into placement
Once your training is complete after 6-months we also have our own network so that all the students having 85% attendance gets internship in news paper or magazines to learn the requirements of the Fields