We are accepting applications for the next academic session starting on 15th March 2022 at B-11, IMM BUILDING. QUTAB INSTITUTIONAL AREA NEW DELHI-110016.
1. No of Seats: 20 seats to be filled on an interview basis for Indian students. We have 2 Seats for International Students & 2 Seats for Management representation Students.
2. Eligibility Criteria: Minimum qualification is 10+2 -for a "Diploma" certificate. Graduation in any discipline is required for a "PG Diploma” certificate. No minimum percentage is required to apply. Students who are appearing for their 12th/final year exam of graduation can also apply. Course content and classroom remain the same for the main course. However, the difference will be in terms of additional classes on soft skills, which will be offered to the 10+2 pass-out students. If you are 10+2, you will get a ‘Diploma in Direction & Screenplay Writing’ and if you are a Graduate, you will get a ‘PG Diploma in Direction & Screenplay Writing’.
3. Selection Criteria: The selection of the applicants is done on an interview basis. Results are declared within 10 days. Selected candidates will submit the full fee or half fee within 15 days from the date of declaration of the result. The students on the waiting list will be declared on 1st March 2022 at if required.
Due to the Covid-19 lockdown, if a student is not able to come personally, for the interview, we will conduct a telephonic interview via What's App video call /Skype
4. How to Apply: You need to apply online from the website given below-
An amount of Rs .1,000/- is to be paid by Debit Card/Credit Card / ATM Card / Net banking transfer as application fee. If you are coming personally to CRAFT, you can also pay in cash.
5. Last Date to Apply:We are accepting applications for the interviews to be held on 15th January 2022 The last date to apply is 13th January 2022.
We have allocated 10 Points for overall performance. Sincerity score: 2 points | Academic Record: 2 points | Portfolio: 2 points | Interview Performance: 4 points. The candidate needs to score a minimum of 6 points to qualify for admission in CRAFT. Hence if you are making an inquiry today, you need to apply within 3 Days to gain a Sincerity score of 2 points- which will qualify you as a “Sincere Candidate”. 6. How to prepare for interview: The main intention of the interview board is to see whether the student is really passionate about the field of study he/she has applied for. For more details pl refer the attachment on how to prepare for interview.
6. How to Prepare for the Interview: The intention of the interview board is to see whether the student is really passionate about the field of study, he/she has applied for.
7. Hostel Facilities: We don’t have a hostel, but our student’s coordinator help in finding economical accommodation within walking distance from the institute. It saves traveling time and cost- an average of Rs 2500/-per month!
Generally, rooms cost between Rs. 5000/- and 6000/- per month which, on a sharing basis, costs around Rs. 3,000/- per month. A food joint is a nearby CRAFT where most of the students have their lunch and dinner.
8. Course Fee: The total fee in lump sum mode is Rs. 1, 50,000/- In installments, it becomes Rs. 1, 55,000/.
The first installment is 50% of the total fee at the time of submitting the admission form.
1) 25% as 2nd installment, to be paid on 15th April 2022.
2) Balance 25% as 3rd installment, to be paid on 15th May 2022.
Students who opt for the Instalment method needs to deposit the Post Dated Cheque ( PDC ) of the above dates at the time of joining.
9. Class Timings: Class Timings: ‘Our motto is to ‘Learn by Doing’. In semester one of 6 months Classes start from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm (five days a week) .From 8:00 am to 10:00 am, there are daily screenings of international films having English Sub Titles, after which students email their film's critical analysis daily. From 10:30 am to 1:00 pm, with 30 min tea break, three days are devoted for lectures on various modules by various experts. Every week, two days are devoted to Camera and Editing practice.
The Film Direction course is renamed as ‘Direction and Screenplay’ since July 2019. It is a one-year full-time program. 30% of the course content is focused on writing the screenplay which is very important to become a Film Director.
10. Course Duration: First semester of 6 months is classroom training along with practical exercises. Second semester of 6 months is only practical projects. Every student will write, shoot and edit 3 short films, i.e.1. Dialogue exercise, 2. Public service ad film, 3. Fiction film project on Canon 5D-mark-4 (4k) Cinema Resolution camera. Besides independent Projects, Direction and Screenplay students are assisted by Cinematography students in your projects.
11. CRAFT’s Legal Status & Affiliation: CRAFT is registered as a nonprofit-making public charitable trust with Sub-Registrar in the Delhi government. We offer autonomous Diploma courses. Proudly established in the year 2006 (March 6) - 2020 is our 14th year of operation.
12. Workshop of Direction students : Pl note that if you are doing “ Direction & Screenplay “ course, you will also have opportunity to attend one day Combined class workshop of Bombay based professionals, for editing/sound/ etc besides exclusive workshop meant for direction students
DIRECTION & SCREENPLAY
Sriram Raghavan Direction WORKSHOP IN CRAFT FILM SCHOOL.
ATUL TIWARI-SCREENPLAY WRITER WORKSHOP PROMO.
SUPRATEEL SEN -FILMFARE AWARD WINNING SCREENPLAY WRITER WORKSHOP PROMO.
SUBASH SAHOO:NATIONAL AWARDED AND FILM FARE AWARD WINNER SOUND DESIGNER WORKSHOP PROMO.
BAYLON FONSECA:FILM FARE AWARD WINNER SOUND DESIGNER
BISHWADEEP CHATTERJEE : FILM FARE AWARD WINNER SOUND DESIGNER
MEGHANA MANCHANDA : FILMFARE AWARD NOMINATION EDITOR
Hervé Schneid's : Oscar Winning French Film's Editor Hervé Schneid's workshop in CRAFT FILM SCHOOL.
Prof. Mathur, ex-HOD FTII,having 25 years of experience,conducting workshops in CRAFT.
ASEEM SINHA, having 35 years of INDUSTRY edited 70 feature films ,conducting workshops in CRAFT.
ANTRA LAHIRI ,Film Editor, of Recently released film SHAKUNTALA DEVI ,conducting workshops in CRAFT.
SURENDRA RAJAN : ACTING WORKSHOP who played GANDHI 12 times on the screen.
VIPIN SHARMA: ACTING WORKSHOP BY Paatal Lok, actor,NSD alumnus,workshop in CRAFT film school
RAJPAL YADAV : ACTING WORKSHOP in CRAFT film school.PROMO
RAJPAL YADAV : ACTING WORKSHOP in CRAFT film school: Full workshop footage.
SANJAY MISHRA WORKSHOP in CRAFT film school
VARUN BADOLA : ACTING WORKSHOP in CRAFT film school.PROMO
ARVIND KUMAR : cinematographer of Prakash Jha’s film :workshop in CRAFT FILM SCHOOL
BARUN MUKHERJEE : Pioneer Advertising cinematographers workshop in CRAFT FILM SCHOOL
VIKAS SHIVARAMAN : Pioneer in ad cinematography l :workshop in CRAFT FILM SCHOOL
PIYUSH SHAH : cinematography workshop in CRAFT FILM SCHOOL
AMITABHA SINGH : cinematography workshop in CRAFT FILM SCHOOL
R M RAO : Pioneer Advertising cinematographers workshop in CRAFT FILM SCHOOL
SUNNY JOSEPH : Sunny;s workshop in CRAFT FILM SCHOOL
KINO FLOW LIGHTING WORKSHOP
13. Bank Loan Provision: We do not have tie-ups with any bank, but if you apply for a Student loan, we can issue a letter required from our end.
14. Management Quota Seats: There are 2 management quota seats available in the ‘Cinematography’ course in which students can seek direct admission without an interview. One has to pay an additional Rs. 20,000/- (for blocking the seat) besides the regular fee.
15. Placement Support: Students having 85% attendance in the 1st semester of 6 months will get internship support after completion of their 1-year course due to our network with the film industry.
In meticulously compiled a list recognizing who are the "Top 4 Delhi Film Schools". CRAFT Film School for being featured as #1 on their list!
click here to read more about it
5- Months Offline Classroom Coaching in CRAFT campus Delhi -- Total seats : 10 ( Ten )
What are the additional advantages of joining the classroom coaching?
Online Interactive Classes of 60 Days 120 Hours --Total Seats :50 ( fifty )
1) In a very focused manner, it will be done in Q & A (question and answer) format.
2) In every class, 3-4 descriptive questions will be taken by the teacher and you will be given pointers on how to write about them.
3) We would also be discussing previous years’ questions which can be asked in a different manner.
4) Around 50-70 new expected questions for JET-2022 will be discussed in the class based on the pattern of previous years’ question papers.
MCQ- Section of 30 marks.
20 Days 40 hours, in 5 months, once in a week.
2 hours class on MCQ : Sunday 10:00 am to 12.00 pm
Apply online from the website
Only Recorded Video lectures of the ” Interactive Online Classes” Total Seats : Unlimited
DIRECTION Interactive Class -- Paintings & Posters
DIRECTION Interactive Class -- Paintings & Posters
DIRECTION Interactive Class -- Image Analysis
DIRECTION Interactive Class -- Previous Year’s Questions
DIRECTION Interactive Class -- Various Cinema Movements
It is a 6-months Part-time Course, with theory and practical training classes.
Classes are conducted Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm There are practical and theory classes of Camera, where you learn about the short taking, composition and lighting etc. Also, you'll learn the basic editing on FCP Softwares and Adobe premier pro. Pre- recorded lectures are given to the students for various modules.
No of Seats:
5 Seats to be filled on an interview basis for Indian students. We have 2 Seats for International Students & 2 Seats for Management Representation Students.
Minimum qualification is 10+2 -for a Short-term certificate Course. No minimum percentage is required to apply. Students who are appearing for their 12th can also apply. Course content and classroom remain the same for the main course. You will get a ‘Certificate in Part-time TV Journalism, New Reading and Anchoring Course'.
The selection of the applicants is done on an interview basis. Results are declared soon after the interview. Due to the Covid-19 lockdown, if a student is not able to come personally, for the interview, we will conduct a telephonic interview via WhatsApp/Skype.
Course Fee of the 6-months part-time Course:
The total fee in lump sum mode is Rs.60,000/-
This is the list of Books which ,Naresh sharma, Director have read and highly recommended to anyone who would like to get into the depth of Film Direction and Screenplay Writting.
1. Sculpting in Time: Andrey Tarkovsky
2.Grammer of Film Language.
3.FIVE C'S OF CINEMATOGRAPHY
4.Book by Pauline Kael
5. Notes on Cinematography - Robert Bresson
6. The Films In My Life - Francois Truffaut
7. The Magic Lantern - Ingmar Bergman
8. My Last Breath - Luis Bunuel
9. Something Like An Autobiography - Akira Kurosawa
10. Studies In European Cinema Volume 4 Issue 3
11. What is Cinema Vol-1 -Andre Bazin
12. What is Cinema Vol-2 -Andre Bazin
13. Japanese Cinema Film Style and National Character Donald Richie
14. Changing Direction - Lenore Dekoven
15. Closely Watched Films
16. Film Directing Shot by Shot - Steven D Katz
17. Gilles Deleuze-Cinema 1
18. Gilles Deleuze-Cinema 2
20.Film Theory and Criticism - Leo Braudy, Marshall Cohen
21. Master Shots Vol 3_ The Director’s Vision
22. Master Shots
23. Paul Schrader - Transcendental Style in Film
24. Herzog on Herzog - Paul Cronin
25. La Jette
26.Colin MacCabe - Godard_Images_Sounds_Politics
27.David Sterritt - The Films of Jean-Luc Godard Seeing the Invisible
29.Encyclopedia of Stanley Kubrick
30. Godard on Godard
Recommended Reading :
For History of cinema :
1. The Liveliest Art by Arthur Knight
2. History of Film by Virginia Wexman
3. History of Cinema by Eric Rhode
4. How To Read A Film by James Monaco
5. Hindi Cinema Ka Itihaas (Hindi) by Manmohan Chaddha
For Role of Editor, Justification, Continuity, Editing Principles,
1. The Technique of Film & Video by Ken Dancynger
2. Five Cs of Cinematography by Joseph Mascelli
3. Grammar of the Film Language by Daniel Arijon : Silman-James Press, Los Angeles
4. Film Direction Shot By Shot by Steven Katz
5. Film Art by David Bordwel & Kristin Thomson
6. Hitchcock by Truffaut’,
7. In the blink of an eye by Walter Murch,
8. Directing by David Mamet,
9. Making Movies by Sidney Lumet.
For Linear, Non-linear, Creating Sequence on Timeline :
1. Digital Non-linear Editing by Thomas Ohanian
For Dialogue, Comedy, Action :
2. The Technique of Film Editing by Karel Reisz & Gavin Millar: Focal Press
3. The Technique of Film and Video Editing: History, Theory, and Practice
Book by Ken Dancyger
These Interviews were conducted by Editor, naresh shrama ," Cinematography Art Magazine ",on variety of people behind the camera.
Directors On Cinematography: