Film Direction & screenplay writing course in Delhi NCR .
We are accepting applications for the next academic session for “ Film direction & Screenplay course” starting from Jan 2023 at B-11, IMM Building ,Qutab institutional area,New Delhi-110016.
1. No of Seats: 10 seats to be filled on an interview basis for Indian students. We have 2 seats for International students and 2 seats for management quota.
2. Eligibility Criteria: Minimum qualification is 10+2 -for a "Diploma" certificate. Graduation in any discipline is required for a "PG Diploma” certificate. Students who are appearing for their 12th/final year exam of graduation can also apply. Course content and classroom remain the same for the main course. However, the difference will be in terms of additional classes on soft skills, which will be offered to the 10+2 pass-out students. If you are 10+2, you will get a “ Diploma in Film Direction & Screenplay " and if you are a Graduate, you will get a “ PG Diploma in Film Direction & Screenplay”.
3. Selection Criteria: Selection is done on the basis of an interview, which will happen on campus only. Results are declared within 10 days after the interview. Selected candidates have to submit the seat confirmation fee within 10 days from the date of declaration of the result. The students on the waiting list will be declared in the last week before the session starts.
4. How to Apply: You need to apply online from the website given below-
The Amount of Rs .1,000/- as an application fee has to be paid by Debit Card/Credit Card / UPI / Net banking. If you are coming personally to CRAFT, you can also pay in cash.
5. Last Date to Apply: We are accepting new applications for the interviews to be held on the 12th of December 2022.
We have allocated 10 points for overall performance. Sincerity score: 2 points | Academic Record: 2 points | Portfolio: 2 points | Interview Performance: 4 points. The candidate needs to score a minimum of 7 points to qualify for admission in CRAFT. Hence if you are making an inquiry today from our website or personal call, you need to apply within 5 days to gain a sincerity score of 2 points- which will qualify you as a “Sincere Candidate”.
6. How to prepare for an interview: The main intention of the interview board is to see whether the student is really passionate about the field of study he/she has applied for.
7. Hostel Facilities: We don’t have a hostel, but our student coordinator helps in finding economical accommodation within walking distance from the institute. It saves traveling time and cost- an average of Rs 2500/-per month!
Generally, rooms cost between Rs. 6000/- to 7000/- per month which, on a sharing basis, costs around Rs. 3,000/- Rs 3500/-per month. A food joint is a nearby CRAFT where most of the students have their lunch and dinner.
PG accommodation for the girl candidates in safe areas costs around Rs. 10,000/- per month including feed.
8.Course Fee: The total fee in lump sum mode is Rs.1,50,000/- In installments, it becomes Rs.1,55,000/.
1) 50% of the total fee 30 days before the academic session starts.
2) 25% as 2nd installment to be paid after 1 month of starting the Academic session.
3) 25% as 3rd installment to be paid after 2 months of starting the Academic session.
Students who opt for the Installment method need to deposit the Post-dated cheque ( PDC ) of the below dates at the time of joining.
9. Class Timings: Class Timings: ‘Our motto is to ‘Learn by Doing’. In semester one of 6 months. From 8:00 am to 10:00 am, there are daily screenings of International Films having English Subtitles, after which students email their film's critical analysis daily. From 10:30 am to 1:00 pm, with a 30 minutes tea break, three days are devoted to lectures on various modules by various experts. Every week, two days are devoted to Camera and Editing practice.
10. Course Duration & Syllabus : It is a one-year full-time program. Semester two there are no regular classes. Students need to form a team of cinematographer, sound recordist and expected to make 2 short films. One is a Public service ad film of maximum 60 seconds and another one is fiction or documentary short film of maximum 15 minutes.. Equipment and post production facilities are provided by the institute and direction students need to hire the actors and find the location to shoot their projects. All the shooting projects are held in Delhi & NCR.
11. Workshops: Various Industry workshops are conducted by guest faculty from Mumbai film industry in CRAFT
Sriram Raghavan's Direction workshop in “CRAFT Film School”.
Atul Tiwari-Screenplay writer & Workshop Promo.
Supratik Sen - Filmfare Award-winning screenplay writer & Workshop Promo.
Vivek Agnihotri: The Kashmir Files Directors Master Class.
12.CRAFT’s Legal Status & Affiliation: CRAFT is registered as a nonprofit-making public charitable trust established on March 6, 2006 with Sub-Registrar in the Delhi government. We offer autonomous diploma courses. Established in the year 2006 (March 6) ,we are now 16 years old!
13. Bank Loan Provision: We do not have tie-ups with any banks, but if you apply for a Student loan.We can issue a letter required from our end.
14. Placement Support: Students having 85% attendance in the 1st semester of 6 months will get internship support after completion of 1st semester to work with a production house or with an individual director .The internship will lead to the placement in the same place if you perform well. That's how 90 % of our students start their career.
15: Management Quota Seats:-There are 3 management quota seats available in each course in which one can seek direct admission without an interview. One has to pay an additional Rs 20,000/-(Rupees twenty thousand) for blocking the seat besides the regular fee.
In meticulously compiled a list recognizing who are the "Top 4 Delhi Film Schools". CRAFT Film School for being featured as #1 on their list!
click here to read more about it
5- Months Offline Classroom Coaching in CRAFT campus Delhi -- Total seats : 10 ( Ten )
What are the additional advantages of joining the classroom coaching?
Online Interactive Classes of 60 Days 120 Hours --Total Seats :50 ( fifty )
1) In a very focused manner, it will be done in Q & A (question and answer) format.
2) In every class, 3-4 descriptive questions will be taken by the teacher and you will be given pointers on how to write about them.
3) We would also be discussing previous years’ questions which can be asked in a different manner.
4) Around 50-70 new expected questions for JET-2022 will be discussed in the class based on the pattern of previous years’ question papers.
MCQ- Section of 30 marks.
20 Days 40 hours, in 5 months, once in a week.
2 hours class on MCQ : Sunday 10:00 am to 12.00 pm
Apply online from the website
Only Recorded Video lectures of the ” Interactive Online Classes” Total Seats : Unlimited
DIRECTION Interactive Class -- Paintings & Posters
DIRECTION Interactive Class -- Paintings & Posters
DIRECTION Interactive Class -- Image Analysis
DIRECTION Interactive Class -- Previous Year’s Questions
DIRECTION Interactive Class -- Various Cinema Movements
It is a 6-months Part-time Course, with theory and practical training classes.
Classes are conducted Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm There are practical and theory classes of Camera, where you learn about the short taking, composition and lighting etc. Also, you'll learn the basic editing on FCP Softwares and Adobe premier pro. Pre- recorded lectures are given to the students for various modules.
No of Seats:
5 Seats to be filled on an interview basis for Indian students. We have 2 Seats for International Students & 2 Seats for Management Representation Students.
Minimum qualification is 10+2 -for a Short-term certificate Course. No minimum percentage is required to apply. Students who are appearing for their 12th can also apply. Course content and classroom remain the same for the main course. You will get a ‘Certificate in Part-time TV Journalism, New Reading and Anchoring Course'.
The selection of the applicants is done on an interview basis. Results are declared soon after the interview. Due to the Covid-19 lockdown, if a student is not able to come personally, for the interview, we will conduct a telephonic interview via WhatsApp/Skype.
Course Fee of the 6-months part-time Course:
The total fee in lump sum mode is Rs.60,000/-
This is the list of Books which ,Naresh sharma, Director have read and highly recommended to anyone who would like to get into the depth of Film Direction and Screenplay Writting.
1. Sculpting in Time: Andrey Tarkovsky
2.Grammer of Film Language.
3.FIVE C'S OF CINEMATOGRAPHY
4.Book by Pauline Kael
5. Notes on Cinematography - Robert Bresson
6. The Films In My Life - Francois Truffaut
7. The Magic Lantern - Ingmar Bergman
8. My Last Breath - Luis Bunuel
9. Something Like An Autobiography - Akira Kurosawa
10. Studies In European Cinema Volume 4 Issue 3
11. What is Cinema Vol-1 -Andre Bazin
12. What is Cinema Vol-2 -Andre Bazin
13. Japanese Cinema Film Style and National Character Donald Richie
14. Changing Direction - Lenore Dekoven
15. Closely Watched Films
16. Film Directing Shot by Shot - Steven D Katz
17. Gilles Deleuze-Cinema 1
18. Gilles Deleuze-Cinema 2
20.Film Theory and Criticism - Leo Braudy, Marshall Cohen
21. Master Shots Vol 3_ The Director’s Vision
22. Master Shots
23. Paul Schrader - Transcendental Style in Film
24. Herzog on Herzog - Paul Cronin
25. La Jette
26.Colin MacCabe - Godard_Images_Sounds_Politics
27.David Sterritt - The Films of Jean-Luc Godard Seeing the Invisible
29.Encyclopedia of Stanley Kubrick
30. Godard on Godard
Recommended Reading :
For History of cinema :
1. The Liveliest Art by Arthur Knight
2. History of Film by Virginia Wexman
3. History of Cinema by Eric Rhode
4. How To Read A Film by James Monaco
5. Hindi Cinema Ka Itihaas (Hindi) by Manmohan Chaddha
For Role of Editor, Justification, Continuity, Editing Principles,
1. The Technique of Film & Video by Ken Dancynger
2. Five Cs of Cinematography by Joseph Mascelli
3. Grammar of the Film Language by Daniel Arijon : Silman-James Press, Los Angeles
4. Film Direction Shot By Shot by Steven Katz
5. Film Art by David Bordwel & Kristin Thomson
6. Hitchcock by Truffaut’,
7. In the blink of an eye by Walter Murch,
8. Directing by David Mamet,
9. Making Movies by Sidney Lumet.
For Linear, Non-linear, Creating Sequence on Timeline :
1. Digital Non-linear Editing by Thomas Ohanian
For Dialogue, Comedy, Action :
2. The Technique of Film Editing by Karel Reisz & Gavin Millar: Focal Press
3. The Technique of Film and Video Editing: History, Theory, and Practice
Book by Ken Dancyger
These Interviews were conducted by Editor, naresh shrama ," Cinematography Art Magazine ",on variety of people behind the camera.
Directors On Cinematography: