We are accepting applications for the next academic session starting on 30th August 2021 at B-11, IMM BUILDING. QUTAB INSTITUTIONAL AREA NEW DELHI-110016.
1. No of Seats: 20 seats to be filled on an interview basis for Indian students. We have 2 Seats for International Students & 2 Seats for Management representation Students.
2. Eligibility Criteria: Minimum qualification is 10+2 -for a "Diploma" certificate. Graduation in any discipline is required for a "PG Diploma” certificate. No minimum percentage is required to apply. Students who are appearing for their 12th/final year exam of graduation can also apply.
Course content and classroom remain the same for the main course. However, the difference will be in terms of additional classes on soft skills, which will be offered to the 10+2 pass-out students. If you are 10+2, you will get a ‘Diploma in Sound Recording and Audio Engineering’ and if you are a Graduate, you will get a ‘PG Diploma in Sound Recording and Audio Engineering ’.
3. Selection Criteria: The selection of the applicants is done on an interview basis. Results are declared within 10 days. Selected candidates will submit the full fee or half fees within 15 days from the date of declaration of the result. The students on the waiting list will be declared on 16th August 2021 if required.
Due to the Covid-19 lockdown, if a student is not able to come personally, for the interview, we will conduct a telephonic interview via WhatsApp/Skype.
4. How to Apply: You need to apply online from the website given below-https://www.craftfilmschool.com/applyonline
An amount of Rs .1, 000/- is to be paid by Debit Card/Credit Card / ATM Card / Net banking transfer as application fee. If you are coming personally to CRAFT, you can also pay in cash.
5. Last Date to Apply:
We are accepting applications for the interviews to be held on 24th May 2021. The last date to apply is 15th May 2021
We have allocated 10 Points for overall performance. Sincerity score: 2 points | Academic Record: 2 points | Portfolio: 2 points | Interview Performance: 4 points. The candidate needs to score a minimum of 7 points to qualify for admission in CRAFT. Hence if you are making an inquiry today, you need to apply within 3 Days to gain a Sincerity score of 2 points- which will qualify you as a “Sincere Candidate”.
6. How to Prepare for the Interview: The intention of the interview board is to see whether the student is really passionate about the field of study, he/she has applied for.
7. Hostel Facilities: We don’t have a hostel, but our student’s coordinator help in finding economical accommodation at a walking distance from the institute. It saves travelling time and cost- an average of Rs 2500/-per month !
Generally, rooms cost between Rs. 5000/- and 6000/- per month which, on sharing basis, costs around Rs. 3,000/- per month. A food joint is nearby CRAFT where most of the students have their lunch and dinner.
We help in finding PG accommodation for the girl candidates. It costs around Rs. 5000/- per month. Food is separate and Tiffin service is available.
8. Course Fee: The total fee in lump sum mode is Rs. 95,000/- In installments, it becomes Rs.1,00, 000/.
The first installment is 50% of the total fee at the time of submitting the admission form.
1) 25% as 2nd installment,
2) Balance 25% as 3rd installment,
Students who opt for the Installment method needs to deposit the Post Dated Cheque ( PDC ) of the above dates at the time of joining.
9. Class Timings. Our motto is to ‘Learn by Doing’. Classes take place in one shift from 10:30 am to 1:00 pm with a 30 minutes tea break. We have a sound studio in which we conduct daily practical work of 3 hours from 2.00 to 5.00 pm which are directions students post production on short films by 2nd semester's student .Fresh students learn by assisting them in their 1st semester.
10. Course Duration: Sound Recording and Audio Engineering is one year program. First semester of 6-month is class room training along with practicals in Studio. In 2nd semester of 6-months, students record the location sound and Studio effects for the Direction students projects like, Dialogue exercise, Public Service Ad film, Fiction Film project. ‘Electronic Music Producing’ is part of "Sound Recording and Audio Engineering" as a specialization in the 2nd Semester.
During the first semester students are taught dubbing, mixing location, sound recording & how to record various sound effects, track laying etc. We have professional sound recording studio where Main software are taught like - Pro Tools , Cubase, Nuendo.The list of equipment is given in the attachment.
11. CRAFT’s Legal Status & Affiliation: CRAFT is registered as a nonprofit-making public charitable trust with Sub-Registrar in the Delhi government. We offer autonomous Diploma courses. Proudly established in the year 2006 (March 6) - 2020 is our 14th year of operation.
12. Workshop by Bombay based Sound Designers in CRAFT:
SUBASH SAHOO: NATIONAL AWARDED AND FILM FARE AWARD WINNER SOUND DESIGNER WORKSHOP PROMO.
BAYLON FONSECA:FILM FARE AWARD WINNER SOUND DESIGNER
BISHWADEEP CHATTERJEE : FILM FARE AWARD WINNER SOUND DESIGNER
NAMITA NAIYAK: FILM FARE AWARD WINNER SOUND DESIGNER
13. Bank Loan Provision: We do not have tie-ups with any bank, but if you apply for a Student loan, we can issue a letter required from our end.
14. Management Quota Seats: There are 2 management quota seats available in ‘Cinematography’ course in which students can seek direct admission without an interview. One has to pay an additional Rs. 20,000/- (for blocking the seat) besides the regular fee.
15. Placement Support: Students having 85% attendance in the 1st semester of 6 months will get internship support after completion of their 1-year course with any post production house or freelance Sound Recordist.
Apply Now !
In meticulously compiled a list recognizing who are the "Top 4 Delhi Film Schools". CRAFT Film School for being featured as #1 on their list!
click here to read more about it
Short Term 3-months course is meant for thsoe who are already working in the field for past 1-2 years and wants to refine thier Carft
.Kindly write to us at
we wills end you all the details.Fee Rs 55,000/-
Part time 6-months Course is desined for working proffestionals of Delhi NCR who wants To Check out if they can Really make it as Full Time professtion.
They can not leave thier Job but still wants to Figure out.
Please send us a mail for complte Deatils at
You will be glad to know that we are ALSO going to offer online courses, besides our regular classroom training From First week of September 2020
pl write to us for more detailed at
This List is my 50 Books which ,Naresh sharma, Director have read them all and highly recommended to anyone who would like to get into the depth of Film Direction and Screenplay Writting.
1. Sculpting in Time: Andrey Tarkovsky
2.Grammer of Film Language.
3.FIVE C'S OF CINEMATOGRAPHY
Recommended Reading :
For History of cinema :
1. The Liveliest Art by Arthur Knight
2. History of Film by Virginia Wexman
3. History of Cinema by Eric Rhode
4. How To Read A Film by James Monaco
5. Hindi Cinema Ka Itihaas (Hindi) by Manmohan Chaddha
For Role of Editor, Justification, Continuity, Editing Principles,
1. The Technique of Film & Video by Ken Dancynger
2. Five Cs of Cinematography by Joseph Mascelli
3. Grammar of the Film Language by Daniel Arijon : Silman-James Press, Los Angeles
4. Film Direction Shot By Shot by Steven Katz
5. Film Art by David Bordwel & Kristin Thomson
6. Hitchcock by Truffaut’,
7. In the blink of an eye by Walter Murch,
8. Directing by David Mamet,
9. Making Movies by Sidney Lumet.
For Linear, Non-linear, Creating Sequence on Timeline :
1. Digital Non-linear Editing by Thomas Ohanian
For Dialogue, Comedy, Action :
2. The Technique of Film Editing by Karel Reisz & Gavin Millar: Focal Press
3. The Technique of Film and Video Editing: History, Theory, and Practice
Book by Ken Dancyger
These Interviews were conducted by Editor, naresh shrama ," Cinematography Art Magazine ",on variety of people behind the camera.
Directors On Cinematography: