We are accepting applications for the next academic session starting on 31st July 2019 at B-11, IMM BUILDING .QUTAB INSTITUTIONAL AREA NEW DELHI-110016.
1. No of seats: We have 20 seats to be filled on interview basis for Indian students.
2. Eligibility Criteria: Minimum qualification is 10+2 for Diploma and Graduation in any Discipline for PG DIPLOMA. There is no minimum percentage required to apply. Students who are appearing in their Final Year Exam of Graduation can also apply.
3. Selection criteria: The admission to all the courses is given on “personal interview” basis. Interview will be conducted in CRAFT premise on the followings dates for various courses
24th June - for Cinematography Course. 25th June -for Acting & Modeling Course.
26th June -for Direction Course.
27th june -for Sound Recording & Audio Engineering Course & Film /Video Editing Course.
28th June- for TV Journalism| Pr Advt & event Mgmt | Creative Writing | Documentry Film making
4. How to apply: The application form is available on our website www.craftfilmschool.com ( or old website www.craftfilmschool.com) for applying on line and downloading. If you are applying online you need to pay Rs 1,000/- by Debit Card . You can also download application form from this website and send us with the bank draft of Rs 1,000/- to be made from any bank in the favor of “center for research in art of film and television” payable at Delhi. If you are coming personally to CRAFT you can also pay cash.
5. Interview Results . It will be declared with 10- days from the interview date .The selected candidates are required to submit the fee, Full or half within 15-days from his date of declaration of the result.The students who are given the waiting list status, will be declare on 25th July 2019,if required.
6. How to prepare for the interview: The main intention of the interview board is to see whether the student is really passionate about the field of study he/she has applied for. For more details, pl refer the attachment on how to prepare for the interview
7. Hostel facilities: We don’t have a hostel, but we help u to find economical accommodation near the institute. Generally room cost between Rs. 4000-4500/- per month which on sharing basis will cost around Rs. 2,000/- 2500 per month. There is food joint near CRAFT where most of the students have their lunch and dinner. For girl candidates, we help in finding P.G accommodation which cost around Rs 3500/-per month. Food is separate and there is Tiffin arrangement available.
8. Class timing: “LEARN BY DOING“ is the main philosophy of the Center. Classes take place 5-days in a week. Screening of movies- 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and classes are from 10:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m. with 30 minutes tea break.
9. Course Fee: The total fee in lump sum mode is Rs.1,25, 000/. In installment method it becomes
Rs.1,30, 000/. The first installment is 50% of the total fee at the time of submitting the admission form.
1) 25% as the 2nd installment has to be paid after one month from the date of commencement of the session.
2) Balance 25% as the 3rd installment has to be paid in the 2nd month from the commencement of the session.
10. Course Duration: Film Direction is a one year program.The first semester of 6-month is classroom training along with practical projects and 2nd semester of 6- months 4- the field projects like ad film
11. CRAFT’s Legal Status and Its Affiliation: CRAFT is registered as the nonprofit making public charitable trust with sub-Registrar in Delhi Govt. and offer autonomous Diploma courses. CRAFT was established on 6th March 2006 and it is our 12th year of operation.
12. AICTE APPROVAL?
Degree / Diploma / Certificate / AICTE approved, affiliated etc.
In this country, no university offers the “bachelor or master degree in Film Direction / or any other specialization media courses like direction, event mgmt, editing…..etc”.
Nor do the AICTE give any accreditation for any such specialized media courses. In fact, AICTE does not even understand the media courses and hence no P.G college/institute offer the degree program. All private/nongovernment institutions (like CRAFT) offer one-year diploma programs. If you honestly ask, in the media industry nobody is concerned about your degree/ diploma/certificate. What they are looking at is your capability as event management/ director/cinematographer/ editor, your overall smart personality, good communication skills and understanding of your profession you have chosen.
13. Bank Loan Provision:
We do not have any
14. Management quota seats:-There are 4- management quota seats available in each course in which one can seek direct admission without an interview. One has to pay additional Rs 20,000/-(rupees twenty thousand for blocking the seat) besides regular fee.