Video Editing Course in Delhi NCR.
We are accepting applications for the next academic session starting from January 2024 at B-11, IMM Building, Qutab institutional area, New Delhi-110016.
1. No of Seats: 10 seats to be filled on an interview basis for Indian students. We have 2 seats for International students and 2 seats for management quota.
2. Eligibility Criteria: Minimum qualification is 10+2 -for a "Diploma" certificate. Graduation in any discipline is required for a "PG Diploma” certificate. Students who are appearing for their 12th/final year exam of graduation can also apply. Course content and classroom remain the same for the main course. However, the difference will be in terms of additional classes on soft skills, which will be offered to the 10+2 pass-out students. If you are 10+2, you will get a “Diploma in Video Editing" and if you are a Graduate, you will get a “PG Diploma in Video Editing”.
3. Selection Criteria for Course: Selection is done on the basis of an interview, which will happen on campus only. Results are declared within 7 days after the interview. Selected candidates have to submit the seat confirmation fee within 10 days from the date of declaration of the result. The students on the waiting list will be declared in the last week before the session starts.
4. How to Apply: In order to study photography in CRAFT,You need to apply online from the website given below-
The amount of Rs .1,000/- as an application fee has to be paid by Debit Card/Credit Card / UPI / Net banking. If you are coming personally to CRAFT, you can also pay in cash.
5. Last Date to Apply for Course :
We are accepting applications for the interviews to be conducted- on the 14th of Oct 2023.
We have allocated 10 Points for overall performance. Sincerity score: 2 points | Academic Record: 2 points | Portfolio: 2 points | Interview Performance: 4 points. The candidate needs to score a minimum of 6 points to qualify for admission in CRAFT. Hence if you are making an inquiry today, you need to apply within 3 Days to gain a Sincerity score of 2 points- which will qualify you as a “Sincere Candidate”.
6. How to prepare for an interview: The main intention of the interview board is to see whether the student is really passionate about the field of study he/she has applied for.
7. Hostel Facilities: We don’t have a hostel, but our student coordinator helps in finding economical accommodation within walking distance from the institute. It saves traveling time and cost- an average of Rs 2500/-per month!
Generally, rooms cost between Rs. 6000/- to 7000/- per month which, on a sharing basis, costs around Rs. 3,000/- Rs 3500/-per month. A food joint is a nearby CRAFT where most of the students have their lunch and dinner.
PG accommodation for the girl candidates in safe areas costs around Rs. 10,000/- per month including feed.
8.Course Fee: The total fee in lump sum mode is Rs.95,000/- In installments, it becomes Rs.1,00,000/.
Students who opt for the Installment method need to deposit the Post-dated cheque ( PDC ) of the below dates at the time of joining.
1) 50% of the total fee 30 days before the academic session starts.
2) 25% as 2nd installment to be paid after 1 month of starting the Academic session.
3) 25% as 3rd installment to be paid after 2 months of starting the Academic session.
9. Class Timings: Our motto is to ‘Learn by Doing’. Classes are conducted five days a week. Semester-1,we have classes from 2.00 pm to 5.00pm.We have a well equipped editing lab having 1-mac system in which we conduct daily practicals of 2 hours in supervision with editing faculty. Daily there is 1 hr lecture on various aspects related to FCP( Final cut software ) & aesthetic of editing. Every student gets one I-Mac system to practice for 3-hours daily .
10. Course Duration: Non-Linear Film and Video Editing is a one-year program.
The first semester of 6 month is classroom training along with practicals. In the 2nd semester of 6 months, students will edit a variety of independent projects. The editing course has 2 important aspects- developing the aesthetic sense and 2ndly working on software like ‘FCP-version 10’ which is used in the Film industry.
We have various editing exercises from feature films by which you will learn .How to edit an Event, Promo, Song, Fight Sequence, a Chase Sequence etc to develop the aesthetic sense of editing. For example, we have an exercise from “Banaras Film” where you have to edit Urmila Matondkar's song.
You will be learning 1 major software like a FINAL CUT PRO (FCP) and basics of 1) After effects & 2) Adobe premiere.
12. Editing workshops: by Industry professionals who had edited many feature films
MEGHANA MANCHANDA: Filmfare Award Nomination Editor &
Hervé Schneid's:Oscar-Winning French Film's Editor Hervé Schneid's workshop in CRAFT FILM SCHOOL.
Prof. Mathur,ex-HOD FTII, has 25 years of experience, conducting workshops in CRAFT.
ASEEM SINHA, having 35 years of industry experience, edited 70 feature films, and conducted workshops in CRAFT.
ANTRA LAHIRI, Film Editor of the Recently released film SHAKUNTALA DEVI, conducting workshops in CRAFT.
15. Placement Support: Students having 85% attendance in the 1st semester of 6 months will get internship support after completion of their 1year course in a Post-Production house or Independent Film editor .
In meticulously compiled a list recognizing who are the "Top 4 Delhi Film Schools". CRAFT Film School for being featured as #1 on their list!
click here to read more about it
What is Video Editing Course ?
Editing is an art form that is more than simply just "cutting out the junk”. Editing enables one to control the rhythm and pace
What exactly is the Non-Linear Video Editing course?
Nonlinear video editing is a type of video editing where raw footage from parallel or digital video sources is transferred to the hard disk and cut and edited there in order, or non-linearly.Since the footage is on the Hard disk, One can easily conduct color correction, adjust brightness and contrast and add dissolves and other special effects. The Timeline displays recorded digital video and audio files. After you have edited, you can render the entire material with effects and transition to create a finished final film in High Resolution to be Ready for sound Post Production. What you will learn during the Course in our video editing school.
• Students will understand the editing techniques used to construct a variety of story formats required for ad films /music video /fiction /documentary films.
• Students will have a thorough working knowledge of non-linear editing software like the latest version of Final Cut Pro X 10.4.1.
• Students Will be able to do the professional style color correction.
• Students would also Know how to create high-quality motion graphics.
• Understand video formats and principles.
• Plan, design, and create digital video projects integrating graphics and audio elements.
• Transfer and capture digital video and audio from various cameras and external devices.
• Edit and compress video for use in various delivery modes of digital media using standard digital video editing software.
• Evaluate digital video projects, identify items for improvement, and implement changes.
• Students will also be able to use proficiently other video editings software like Adobe Premiere and other related bundles like after effects.
• Students will be having complete theoretical and practical knowledge of video editing skills required to edit various situations like, dance sequence/fight sequence/chase sequence which constitutes an integral part of filmmaking.
• Students will learn aesthetic sense required to edit a variety of situations in film and television genre like Serials/ad films/feature films etc
Job Prospects after doing video editing course: There are many institutes which are offering video editing courses, but then why JoiCRAFT? ? Because our course is designed by the industry professionals who are FTII graduates having two decades of industry experience. Our course will equip the students in a much more professional way to build a career in video editing.
• Once you know how to do video editing , finding the job is not a big deal . You can work for Television channels, TV serial programs, feature films, documentaries as per your interest in editing post-production houses across the country.
• You will begin your career as a video editor trainee and will be absorbed on pay scale immediately you finish your internship program with the same company provided you prove your sincerity and dedication during the internship .
• The trainee could become an entrepreneur after having 4-5 years of experience in the industry and can start his own studio. At a later stage, one can Explore Parallel opportunities as a special effects or composting artist in any high profile video post production company.
Non linear film and video editing is a one year program.
First semester of 6-month is class room training along with practices and 2nd semester of 6-months , you have to edit the INDEPNEDENTS projects like, dialogue exercise, public service ad film, Chanse sequence, Promo edit, Feature
Editing course has 2-aspects
a.) learning the software like FCP-10. version which is used in the industry. b) To devlop the aesthetic sense of editing by Various excercises
We have various footage from feature film and other types of shoot by which you will develop the aesthetic sense of editing. We have e.g. exercise from “Bararas film” where Urmila Matondakar and dailgogue sequence you have to edit in semester-2.
You will be learning 1-major software like FINAL CUT PRO (FCP) and basic of 1) after effects, 2) adobe premiere .etc
Placement Policy for starting career in film editing in india
1.) Who are keen on working in reputed TV Station / Post production house.
2.) who would like to join established editor and start as an intren
First category of students we support them in two ways
A) Incoming inquiry mails forwarding: We receive e-mails from companies which are looking for fresh Graduates. Such job posting is displayed on the college website here .pl click at such latest sample here.
and will also be forwarded to the facebook group of the current batch.All the students of various courses to join the face book group and what's up group.
B) Out going placement activity: an updated list of various relevant media companies’ concerned HR is prepared. On weekly basis, pdf file of the placement brochure is e-mailed.
If you are keen on distance Learning via online, pl email us at
so that we can email you all the details
free .pdf file about importnat Books on film / video Editing:
Roger Crittenden reveals the experiences of many of the greatest living European film editors through his warm and perceptive interviews which offer a unique insight into the art of editing - direct from masters of the craft.
In their interviews the editors relate their experience to the directors they have worked with, including:
Agnes Guillemot- (Godard, Truffaut, Catherine Breillat)
Roberto Perpignani- (Welles, Bertolucci, Tavianni Brothers)
Sylvia Ingemarsson- (Ingmar Bergman)
Michal Leszczylowski- (Andrei Tarkovsky, Lukas Moodysson)
Tony Lawson (Nic Roeg, Stanley Kubrick, Neil Jordan)
and many more.
Foreword by Walter Murch - three-time Oscar-winning Editor of 'Apocalypse Now', 'The English Patient', 'American Graffiti', 'The Conversation' and 'The Godfather Part II and III'.
Free Editing Books to Download .pdf file of The editing book -In the Blink of an Eye on film and video / editing
In the Blink of an Eye is editor Walter Murch's essay of film editing. Starting with what might seem to be the most basic editing question - Why do cuts work? - he treats the reader to a marvelous "ride" through the esthetics and practical concerns of cutting film. Along the way, he offers his insights on such subjects as continuity and discontinuity in editing, dreaming, and real life; the criteria of a good cut; and the blink of the eye as both an analog to and an emotional cue for the cut. New to this second edition is Murch's lengthy meditation on the current state of digital editing.