Thanks For Enquiring About The Sound Recording And Audio Engineering Course At Craft Film School. Kindly Note That We Are Accepting Applications For The New Session Starting From 15th March 2022 At B-11, Imm Building Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi -110016.
1. No Of Seats: 10 Seats To Be Filled On An Interview Basis For Indian Students. We Have 2 Seats For International Students & 2 Seats For Management Representation Students.
2. Eligibility Criteria: Minimum Qualification Is 10+2 -For A "Diploma" Certificate. Graduation In Any Discipline Is Required For A "Pg Diploma” Certificate. No Minimum Percentage Is Required To Apply. Students Who Are Appearing For Their 12th/Final Year Exam Of Graduation Can Also Apply. Course Content And Classroom Remain The Same For The Main Course. However, The Difference Will Be In Terms Of Additional Classes On Soft Skills, Which Will Be Offered To The 10+2 Pass-Out Students. If You Are 10+2, You Will Get A ‘Diploma In Sound Recording And Audio Engineering’ And If You Are A Graduate, You Will Get A ‘Pg Diploma In Sound Recording And Audio Engineering ’.
3. Selection Criteria: The selection of the applicants is done on an interview basis. Results are declared within 10 days. Selected candidates will submit the full fee or half fee within 15 days from the date of declaration of the result. The students on the waiting list will be declared on 1st March 2022 at if required..
Due To The Covid-19 Lockdown, If A Student Is Not Able To Come Personally, For The Interview, We Will Conduct A Telephonic Interview Via Whatsapp/Skype.
4. How To Apply: You Need To Apply Online From The Website Given Below-
An Amount Of Rs .1,000/- Is To Be Paid By Debit Card/Credit Card / Atm Card / Net Banking Transfer As Application Fee. If You Are Coming Personally To Craft, You Can Also Pay In Cash.
5. Last Date to Apply:
We are accepting applications for the interviews to be held on 15th January 2022 The last date to apply is 13th January 2022.
We have allocated 10 Points for overall performance. Sincerity score: 2 points | Academic Record: 2 points | Portfolio: 2 points | Interview Performance: 4 points. The candidate needs to score a minimum of 6 points to qualify for admission in CRAFT. Hence if you are making an inquiry today, you need to apply within 3 Days to gain a Sincerity score of 2 points- which will qualify you as a “Sincere Candidate”. 6. How to prepare for interview: The main intention of the interview board is to see whether the student is really passionate about the field of study he/she has applied for. For more details pl refer the attachment on how to prepare for interview.
6. How To Prepare For The Interview: The Intention Of The Interview Board Is To See Whether The Student Is Really Passionate About The Field Of Study, He/She Has Applied For.
7. Hostel Facilities: We Don’t Have A Hostel, But Our Student’s Coordinator Help In Finding Economical Accommodation At A Walking Distance From The Institute. It Saves Traveling Time And Cost- An Average Of Rs 2500/-Per Month !
Generally, Rooms Cost Between Rs. 5000/- And 6000/- Per Month Which, On Sharing Basis, Costs Around Rs. 3,000/- Per Month. A Food Joint Is Nearby Craft Where Most Of The Students Have Their Lunch And Dinner.
We Help In Finding Pg Accommodation For The Girl Candidates. It Costs Around Rs. 5000/- Per Month. Food Is Separate And Tiffin Service Is Available.
8. Course Fee: The total fee in lump sum mode is Rs. 95,000/- In installments, it becomes Rs. 1,00,000/
The first installment is 50% of the total fee at the time of submitting the admission form.
1) 25% as 2nd installment, to be paid on 15th April 2022.
2) Balance 25% as 3rd installment, to be paid on 15th May 2022.
Students who opt for the Instalment method needs to deposit the Post Dated Cheque ( PDC ) of the above dates at the time of joining
9. Class Timings. Our Motto Is To ‘Learn By Doing’. Classes Take Place In One Shift From 10:30 Am To 1:00 Pm With A 30 Minutes Tea Break. We Have A Sound Studio In Which We Conduct Daily Practical Work Of 3 Hours From 2.00 To 5.00 Pm Which Are Directions Students Post Production On Short Films By 2nd Semester's Student .Fresh Students Learn By Assisting Them In Their 1st Semester.
10. Course Duration: Sound Recording And Audio Engineering Is One Year Program. First Semester Of 6-Month Is Class Room Training Along With Practicals In Studio. In 2nd Semester Of 6-Months, Students Record The Location Sound And Studio Effects For The Direction Students Projects Like, Dialogue Exercise, Public Service Ad Film, Fiction Film Project. ‘Electronic Music Producing’ Is Part Of "Sound Recording And Audio Engineering" As A Specialization In The 2nd Semester.
During The First Semester Students Are Taught Dubbing, Mixing Location, Sound Recording & How To Record Various Sound Effects, Track Laying Etc. We Have Professional Sound Recording Studio Where Main Software Are Taught Like - Pro Tools , Cubase, Nuendo
The List Of Equipment Is Given In The Attachment.
11. Craft’s Legal Status & Affiliation: Craft Is Registered As A Nonprofit-Making Public Charitable Trust With Sub-Registrar In The Delhi Government. We Offer Autonomous Diploma Courses. Proudly Established In The Year 2006 (March 6) - 2020 Is Our 14th Year Of Operation.
12. Workshop By Bombay Based Sound Designers In Craft:
Subash Sahoo:National Awarded And Film Fare Award Winner Sound Designer Workshop Promo.
Baylon Fonseca:Film Fare Award Winner Sound Designer
Bishwadeep Chatterjee : Film Fare Award Winner Sound Designer
Namita Naiyak: Film Fare Award Winner Sound Designer
13. Bank Loan Provision: We Do Not Have Tie-Ups With Any Bank, But If You Apply For A Student Loan, We Can Issue A Letter Required From Our End.
14. Management Quota Seats: There Are 2 Management Quota Seats Available In The ‘Cinematography’ Course In Which Students Can Seek Direct Admission Without An Interview. One Has To Pay An Additional Rs. 20,000/- (For Blocking The Seat) Besides The Regular Fee.
15. Placement Support: Students Having 85% Attendance In The 1st Semester Of 6 Months Will Get Internship Support After Completion Of Their 1-Year Course With Any Post-Production House Or Freelance Sound Recordist.
Apply Now !
In meticulously compiled a list recognizing who are the "Top 4 Delhi Film Schools". CRAFT Film School for being featured as #1 on their list!
click here to read more about it
sound recording & audio engineering
After the completion of course, the students having 85% attendance in the 1st semester of 6 months, will get internship support with any post-production house or freelance Sound Recordist. If they perform well during the internship period, they are placed/ permanent job in the same production house.
Biswadeep Chatterjee on Sound design