SOUND RECORDING & AUDIO ENGINEERING COURSE .
We are accepting applications for the next academic session starting from February 2024 at B-11, IMM Building, Qutab institutional area, New Delhi-110016.
1. No of Seats: 5 seats to be filled on an interview basis for Indian students. We have 2 seats for International students and 2 seats for management quota.
2. Eligibility Criteria: Minimum qualification is 10+2 -for a "Diploma in sound engineering". Graduation in any discipline is required for a "PG Diploma” certificate. Students who are appearing for their 12th/final year exam of graduation can also apply. Course content and classroom remain the same for the main course. However, the difference will be in terms of additional classes on soft skills, which will be offered to the 10+2 pass-out students. If you are 10+2, you will get a ‘Diploma in Sound Recording & Audio Engineering" and if you are a Graduate, you will get a ‘PG Diploma in Sound Recording & Audio Engineering. live sound engineering is part of the course. Sound design course is not offered as seprate course, but there are modules on it during the course.
3. Selection Criteria for Course: Selection is done on the basis of an interview, which will happen on campus only. Results are declared within 7 days after the interview. Selected candidates have to submit the seat confirmation fee within 10 days from the date of declaration of the result. The students on the waiting list will be declared in the last week before the session starts.
4. How to Apply: In order to study photography in CRAFT,You need to apply online from the website given below-
The amount of Rs .1,000/- as an application fee has to be paid by Debit Card/Credit Card / UPI / Net banking. If you are coming personally to CRAFT, you can also pay in cash.
5. Last Date to Apply for Course :
We are accepting applications for the interviews to be conducted- on 11th Feb Sunday 2024
We have allocated 10 Points for overall performance. Sincerity score: 2 points | Academic Record: 2 points | Portfolio: 2 points | Interview Performance: 4 points. The candidate needs to score a minimum of 6 points to qualify for admission in CRAFT. Hence if you are making an inquiry today, you need to apply within 3 Days to gain a Sincerity score of 2 points- which will qualify you as a “Sincere Candidate”.
6. How to prepare for an interview: The main intention of the interview board is to see whether the student is really passionate about the field of study he/she has applied for.
7. Hostel Facilities: We don’t have a hostel, but our student coordinators will help in finding economical accommodation within walking distance from the institute. It saves traveling time and cost- an average of Rs 2500/-per month!
Generally, rooms cost between Rs. 6000/- to 7000/- per month which, on a sharing basis, costs around Rs. 3,000/- Rs 3500/-per month. A food joint is a nearby CRAFT where most of the students have their lunch and dinner.
PG accommodation for female candidates in safe areas costs around Rs. 10,000/- per month including food.
8.Course Fee: For our sound engineer courses ,the total fee in lump sum mode is Rs.95,000/- In installments, it becomes Rs.1,00,000/.
Students who opt for the Installment method need to deposit the Post-dated cheque ( PDC ) of the below dates at the time of joining.
1) 50% of the total fee 30 days before the academic session starts.
2) 25% as 2nd installment to be paid after 1 month of starting the Academic session.
3) 25% as 3rd installment to be paid after 2 months of starting the Academic session.
9. Class Timings. Our motto is to ‘Learn by Doing’. Classes take place in one shift from 10:30 am to 1:00 pm with a 30 minutes tea break. We have a sound studio in which we conduct daily practical work of 3 hours from 2.00 to 5.00 pm which are directed by students post-production on short films by 2nd semester's students. Fresh students learn by assisting them in their 1st semester.
10. Course Duration: Sound Recording and Audio Engineering is a one year program and CRAFT is consider as best among colleges offering audio engineering courses. The first semester of 6-month is classroom training along with practicals in Studio. In the 2nd semester of 6-months, students record the location sound and Studio effects for the Direction student's projects like Dialogue exercise, Public Service Ad film, and Fiction Film project. ‘Electronic Music Producing’ is part of "Sound Recording and Audio Engineering" as a specialization in the 2nd Semester.
During the first semester, students are taught dubbing, mixing location, sound recording & how to record various sound effects, track laying, etc as part of various sound engineering courses. We have a professional sound recording studio where Main software is taught like - Pro Tools, Cubase, Nuendo .Students learn all thse softwares during audio production.
The list of equipment is given in the attachment.
11. Workshop by Bombay based Sound Designers in CRAFT:
Subash sahoo: National Award and film fare award winner sound designer workshop promo.
Baylon Fonseca: FilmFare Award Winner ,Sound Designer & Workshop Promo.
Bishwadeep Chatterjee: FilmFare Award Winner ,Sound Designer & Workshop Promo.
Namita Naiyak: FilmFare Award Winner ,Sound Designer
12. CRAFT’s Legal Status & Affiliation: CRAFT is registered as a nonprofit-making public charitable trust with Sub-Registrar in the Delhi government. We offer autonomous Diploma courses and are awarded as one of the best sound engineering colleges. Proudly established in the year 2006 (March 6) and w eare is our 16th year of operation.
13. Bank Loan Provision: We do not have tie-ups with any banks, but if you apply for a Student loan. We can issue a letter required from our end.
14. Placement Support: Students having 85% attendance in the 1st semester of 6 months will get internship support after completion of their 1-year course with any post-production house or freelance Sound Recordist.
15: Management Quota Seats:-There are 3 management quota seats available in each course in which one can seek direct admission without an interview. One has to pay an additional Rs 20,000/-(Rupees twenty thousand) for blocking the seat besides the regular fee.
Apply Now !
In meticulously compiled a list recognizing who are the "Top 4 Delhi Film Schools". CRAFT Film School for being featured as #1 on their list!
click here to read more about it
sound recording & audio engineering
After the completion of course, the students having 85% attendance in the 1st semester of 6 months, will get internship support with any post-production house or freelance Sound Recordist. If they perform well during the internship period, they are placed/ permanent job in the same production house.
Biswadeep Chatterjee on Sound design