Apr 04, 2018 Written by Lubna Tafzeel Depth Of Field
Importance of “DEPTH OF FIELD”
1. It is the distance between the nearest and farthest objects in a
scene that appear acceptably sharp in an image. Or in simple
language the zone of acceptable sharpness within a photo that
will appear in focus.
2.Types of depth of field-
3.Three main factors that will affect how the depth of
aperture (f-stop), distance from the subject to the camera, and
focal length of the lens on your camera.
4.How aperture controls depth of field?
The size of the aperture controls the amount of light entering
5. How does the focal length of a lens control the depth of
depth of field.
6. Shallow depth of field is a good way to make your subject stand
out from its background and is used in portrait
photography,sports photography and wildlife photography
7. To get as much of your scene in focus as possible we use deeper
depth of field as in landscape photography.
8. How to Increase depth of field?
9.How to decrease depth of field?
10. Camera also effects the depth of field as the size of the imaging
sensor inside the camera that makes the difference. The larger
the sensor, the shallower the depth of field will be at a given
A full-frame camera produces a much shallower depth of field
than an APS-C DSLR or compact system camera (CSC)