Apr 05, 2018 Written by Pratik srivastava Lens
1. Focal length is expressed in mm and a higher number means a bigger zoom, while a lower number mean the lens can be used for wider shots. As a rough reference, the human eye
2. A telephoto lens is designed to get you as close to a distant subject as possible. With their higher focal length, telephoto lenses let you zoom in generally between 2-2.3x of the frame without compromising on the image quality.
3. A "wide angle" lens is any lens with a short focal length. Focal length is the distance, in millimeters, from the optical center of your lens to the film or sensor when your lens is focused at infinity.
4. In photography and cinematography, a telephoto lens is a specific type of a long-focus lens in which the physical length of the lens is shorter than the focal length. The angle of view and other effects of long-focus lenses are the same for telephoto lenses of the same specified focal length.
5.The telephoto effect these lenses have make objects, that may actually have quite a lot of distance between them, appear as if they're sat close together. The longer your focal length, the more obvious the effect will be.
6. As long ago as 2000, Canon camera manufacturers created a hybrid chassis that formed the core of their EOS camera - made from diecast aluminum & surrounded by reinforced polycarbonate. This design was all-metal from the stainless steel lens mount to the film plane
7. A simple lens consists of a single piece of transparent material, while a compoundlens consists of several simple lenses (elements), usually arranged along a common axis. Lenses are made from materials such as glass or plastic, and are ground and polished or molded to a desired shape.
8.An ultra wide-angle lens is a lens whose focal length is shorter than the short side of film or sensor. Thus the term denotes a different range of lenses, relative to the size of the sensor in the camera in question. For APS-C any lens shorter than 15 mm is considered ultra wide angle.
9. Traditionally on film cameras it was used to describe lenses in the 50mm range because this is what usually came with the camera. Kit Lenses – These days thelens that is offered as a package with the DSLR is generally called the 'kit lens'. ... Prime Lenses – A prime lens is a lens that has one focal length only.
10. Canon has a newer type of motor, called STM, which is introduced in lenses like 18-135 f/3.5-5.6 IS STM, 40 f/2.8 STM and so on. STM also provides quick, silent and smooth focusing. Even the focusing is smoother than USM, and this will be better when recording video.Jan 8, 2015