Profile: naresh sharma
After graduating from Film and Television Institute of India, (FTII, Pune ) in Dec.1993, He acquired on floor expertise while working with ace cinematographers like Ashok Mehta and Vikas shaivaraman.
His independent work includes Ad films, promos, corporate and documentaries includes the clientele of agencies like Grey worldwide, Triton advertising, Bharat Bala Prods, Shot in the dark, Mise-en-scene, Squirkle, Percept Advertising, Universal Music, T-series, Channel [ v ] ,B4U and others. Among the well-known work includes Music video “Nishani” of pop artist Jassi.
# In 2001,he shot HINDI feature length fiction film directed by Senior FTII graduate,1974 batch, on 35mm format. ”Ladli”, funded by Children’s Film Society Of India, to create awareness about female infanticide.
# In 2005, he shot 2nd feature length fiction film on 35mm Cinemascope format “Sonam” about the Monapa community of Arunachal Pradesh
# He got the opportunity to travel extensively in Europe while shooting shot fiction film ”Vivere” based on a song by Luciano Pavarotti, directed by Martin Srebotnajek.
# He holds the credit of being only director of photography from India to shoot underwater on more than 40 islands in the Bahamas and Caribbean for a series called “Diving spots of the Caribbean & Bahamas”.
# Invited to SUC-SCHUTE 97 as a curator for a retrospective of FTII diploma films package to a Short, animation, & documentary film festival in Potsdam near Berlin, Germany.
# Invited to 34th Tampere international Film Festival, 2004, Finland to curate a show of Activist Films From India.
# Invited as curator to Indian film festival in Stuttgart “Bollywood and beyond” July 2004, 2005, 2006 in Germany.
As Script writer for Public service animation films:
Four animation films scripted by him, without dialogue, were funded by National Literacy Mission. These films are aimed to mobilize the volunteers and are animated and directed by National award winner animators Kireet Khurana & Bhimsain.
As Director of Documentary Films:
1. All Time Blues: 30 mins, produced by PSBT, explores the brass band music culture in India
2. Rotigraphers of India: 30 mins, produced by PSBT, brings forwards the personal and professional life of local photographic community.
3. Rhythmic Echoes and Reflections: 30 Mins. (35mm film format) for Ministry of External affairs, explores the universality of dance form via Kathak, Flamenco, American Tap Dance and European Ballet.
Featuring: Padamshree Shovana Narayan Traxl as the lead artist; Spanish Flamenco dancer Omayra Amaya; Guitarist Pedro Cortes from Miami; Spanish Singer Julio Gabber; Australian Ballet dancer Stacy; German Pianists Thomas Bartosch and Herman Sausen, and French Tap dancer Herve Dominique le Goff.
4. Show must not go on: 30 mins, produced by PSBT, explores cruelty against animals.
Director of Music Video:-
1. Produced by by HMV/Saregama and Myspace for underground artists from delhi Aditya Tripathi music video”Jukhi Jukhi”
2. International project from India among 9-international directors on” mens world of perfume” (duration:-3-mins) sponsored by Italian company PRADA.
As an Academician:
Since 1997, conducting workshops/lectures as guest faculty in various communication institutes on varied topics of cinema.
List of institutes where lectures / workshops conducted, MCRC Jamia , Delhi / IIMC Indian Institute of Mass Communication, JNU./ St. Xavier institute of Communication. Bombay , Amity mass comm etc.
Director of “Center for Research in art of film and television”
Pre production of feature length fiction film based on the best seller of Hindi Literature
“Aapaka Bunty” by Mrs. Mannu Bhandari and " Seraj band baja" By Jainanadan