We are accepting the application forms for the Video Editing Course .The next academic session is starting on 31st Aug 2020 at B-11
1. No of seats: We have 10 seats to be filled on interview basis for Indian students.
2. Eligibility Criteria: Minimum qualification is 10+2 for Diploma and graduation in any discipline for " PG Diploma in editing" .The main difference between both the diploma will be in terms of additional classes on soft skills which will be offered to the 10+2 passing out students. If you are 10+2, you will be getting a ‘Diploma in Editing ’ and if you are a graduate, you will be getting ‘PG Diploma in Editing ’. The course content and classroom remains the same for the main course.
3. Selection criteria: Selection to all the courses is done on an interview basis. The next interview will be conducted on 14th Aug 2020. Interview results will be declared within ten days of the interview date. The selected candidates are required to submit the full fee or half within fifteen days from the date of declaration of the result. Due to Covid lockdown, if a student will not be able to come personally for the interview, we will conduct a telephonic interview
4. How to apply: The application form is available on our website www.craftfilmschool.com ( or old website www.craftfilmschool.com) for applying on line and downloading. If you are applying online you need to pay Rs 1,000/- by Debit Card . If you are coming personally to CRAFT you can also pay cash.
5.Link to apply: https://www.craftfilmschool.com/applyonline.
6. How to prepare for the interview: The main intention of the interview board is to see whether the student is really passionate about the field of study he/she has applied for. For more details,
7. Hostel facilities: We don’t have a hostel, but we help u to find economical accommodation near the institute. Generally room cost between Rs. 4000-4500/- per month which on sharing basis will cost around Rs. 2,000/- 2500 per month. There is food joint near CRAFT where most of the students have their lunch and dinner. For girl candidates, we help in finding P.G accommodation which cost around Rs 3500/-per month. Food is separate and there is Tiffin arrangement available.
8. Video Editing Class timing: “LEARN BY DOING“ is the main philosophy of the CRAFT to learn Editing . Each student gets the chance to practice 3-hours every day in editing lab where each student is given one editing system to practice. Video Editing Classes take place in two shifts wherein students can choose either from 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. or from 2:00-5:00 p.m. 5-days in a week depending on the student’s choice.
9. Video Editing Course Fee: The total fee in lump sum mode is Rs.95, 000/. If you wants to pay Video Editing Course Fee in installment method it becomes;
Rs.1,00, 000/. The first installment is 50% of the total fee at the time of submitting the admission form.
1) 25% as the 2nd installment has to be paid after one month from the date of commencement of the session.
2) Balance 25% as the 3rd installment has to be paid in the 2nd month from the commencement of the session.
10. Course Duration: Nonlinear film and video editing is one year programme.
The first semester of 6-month is classroom training along with practice. In the 2nd semester of 6-months, you have to edit the direction students projects like dialogue exercise, public service ad film, fiction film project.
Editing course has 2-aspects -a) learning the software like FCP-4.0 version, ( basic idea of avid-media composer ). To learn video editing, students has to do various exercises from feature film by which you will learn How to edit the song, fight sequence, chase sequence etc to develop the aesthetic sense of editing. We have e.g. exercise from “Banaras film” where Urmila Matondakar song you have to edit. You will be learning 1-major software FINAL CUT PRO (FCP) and along with other software like -1) after effects, 2) adobe premiere .etc.Students can also get issued various video editing books from the librarary.
11. CRAFT’s Legal Status and its Affiliation about Video editing course : CRAFT is registered as
12. AICTE APPROVAL?
Degree / Diploma / Certificate / AICTE approved, affiliated etc.
In this country, no university offers the “Bachelor or master degree in Non-Liner Editing .
Nor do the AICTE give any accreditation for any such specialized media courses. In fact, AICTE does not even understand the media courses and hence no P.G college/institute offer the video editing degree program. All private/nongovernment institutions (like CRAFT) offer one-year diploma programs. If you honestly ask, in the media industry nobody is concerned about your degree/ diploma/certificate. What they are looking at is your capability as Video editor, your overall smart personality, good communication skills and understanding of your profession you have chosen.
13. Bank Loan Provision:
We do not have any tie-up with any bank but if you can get the loan, we can issue any letter required from our end.
14. Management quota seats:- There are 2- Management quota seats are avalable for video editing course in delhi , in which one can seek direct admission without an interview. One has to pay additional Rs 20,000/-(rupees twenty thousand for blocking the seat) besides regular fee.
In meticulously compiled a list recognizing who are the "Top 4 Delhi Film Schools". CRAFT Film School for being featured as #1 on their list!
click here to read more about it
What is Video Editing Course ?
Editing is an art form that is more than simply just "cutting out the junk”. Editing enables one to control the rhythm and pace
What exactly is the Non-Linear Video Editing course?
Nonlinear video editing is a type of video editing where raw footage from parallel or digital video sources is transferred to the hard disk and cut and edited there in order, or non-linearly.Since the footage is on the Hard disk, One can easily conduct color correction, adjust brightness and contrast and add dissolves and other special effects. The Timeline displays recorded digital video and audio files. After you have edited, you can render the entire material with effects and transition to create a finished final film in High Resolution to be Ready for sound Post Production. What you will learn during the Course in our video editing school.
• Students will understand the editing techniques used to construct a variety of story formats required for ad films /music video /fiction /documentary films.
• Students will have a thorough working knowledge of non-linear editing software like the latest version of Final Cut Pro X 10.4.1.
• Students Will be able to do the professional style color correction.
• Students would also Know how to create high-quality motion graphics.
• Understand video formats and principles.
• Plan, design, and create digital video projects integrating graphics and audio elements.
• Transfer and capture digital video and audio from various cameras and external devices.
• Edit and compress video for use in various delivery modes of digital media using standard digital video editing software.
• Evaluate digital video projects, identify items for improvement, and implement changes.
• Students will also be able to use proficiently other video editings software like Adobe Premiere and other related bundles like after effects.
• Students will be having complete theoretical and practical knowledge of video editing skills required to edit various situations like, dance sequence/fight sequence/chase sequence which constitutes an integral part of filmmaking.
• Students will learn aesthetic sense required to edit a variety of situations in film and television genre like Serials/ad films/feature films etc
Job Prospects after doing video editing course: There are many institutes which are offering video editing courses, but then why JoiCRAFT? ? Because our course is designed by the industry professionals who are FTII graduates having two decades of industry experience. Our course will equip the students in a much more professional way to build a career in video editing.
• Once you know how to do video editing , finding the job is not a big deal . You can work for Television channels, TV serial programs, feature films, documentaries as per your interest in editing post-production houses across the country.
• You will begin your career as a video editor trainee and will be absorbed on pay scale immediately you finish your internship program with the same company provided you prove your sincerity and dedication during the internship .
• The trainee could become an entrepreneur after having 4-5 years of experience in the industry and can start his own studio. At a later stage, one can Explore Parallel opportunities as a special effects or composting artist in any high profile video post production company.
Non linear film and video editing is a one year program.
First semester of 6-month is class room training along with practices and 2nd semester of 6-months , you have to edit the INDEPNEDENTS projects like, dialogue exercise, public service ad film, Chanse sequence, Promo edit, Feature
Editing course has 2-aspects
a.) learning the software like FCP-10. version which is used in the industry. b) To devlop the aesthetic sense of editing by Various excercises
We have various footage from feature film and other types of shoot by which you will develop the aesthetic sense of editing. We have e.g. exercise from “Bararas film” where Urmila Matondakar and dailgogue sequence you have to edit in semester-2.
You will be learning 1-major software like FINAL CUT PRO (FCP) and basic of 1) after effects, 2) adobe premiere .etc
Placement Policy for starting career in film editing in india
1.) Who are keen on working in reputed TV Station / Post production house.
2.) who would like to join established editor and start as an intren
First category of students we support them in two ways
A) Incoming inquiry mails forwarding: We receive e-mails from companies which are looking for fresh Graduates. Such job posting is displayed on the college website here .pl click at such latest sample here.
and will also be forwarded to the facebook group of the current batch.All the students of various courses to join the face book group and what's up group.
B) Out going placement activity: an updated list of various relevant media companies’ concerned HR is prepared. On weekly basis, pdf file of the placement brochure is e-mailed.
50% of full time one year course will be covered in first 3-months.It include FCP.nad basic of photoshop and adaobe priemier pro software,Fee is Rs 45,000/-
If you are keen on distance Learning via online, pl email us at
so that we can email you all the details